Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 08.01.2015, 14:30   #5
Jacqueline
Welspapa

Benutzerbild von Jacqueline

Sadly this is the last time I will be updating my very first spawn of Baryancistrus Beginni (L239) :-(

For many it's the egg incubation period that gives the most problems, but for me with these special eggs that went fine, great even. The problem started straight after hatching. I think about 50% of the fry had some kind of hemorrhaging from hatching (I did not artificially help them hatch). Some had leaking yolk sacks, some had a little patch of fungus on them. I did the normal routine of water change, nothing different then when they were still in the eggs, same water everything. Some of the fry were lying on their sides and when moving they started spinning instead of wiggling. Hoping for the best I left them and went to bed. The next morning some were already dead but looking at them, they were not doing so bad after all. Or so it seemed... Did another clean up and water change. That's when I noticed they weren't doing all that good, a lot of spinners... After work I looked at them again and more were dead. From the 29 that hatched I now only had 10 left and only 6 of them looked to be reasonable (as seen on the video). I saw some of the fry making these weird movements as if they were spasming (I will upload this video too, please comment on that if you have seen it before and what it could be). I was staring to think it had to do with the waterchanges. Maybe they react to sensitive to the water changes, so I did't do a water change this morning. But coming home just now, all fry except one -who isn't looking to great- have died. So I'm pretty eager to find out were the problem lies, hoping I will have some fry to show for the next time they spawn.... It would be better if the male sticks by his brood the next time and doesn't flee the site at first sight of eggs.........

https://youtu.be/0lfBpngdaD4

Fry in spasm. Why is this happening and what can I do about it? I like to understand so I know what to do next time...

https://youtu.be/DfRGno57wlc
Jacqueline ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten